The Block Ness monsters are finally sticking their heads out of the water… but it looks like the lake isn’t big enough for everyone! Will you win the title of Monster of the Year and the privilege of being photographed by tourists?
What’s in the box?
- One board
- Four different coloured monsters made up of 12 segments each (one head, 10 body segments, one tail)
How to play:
The aim of the game is to place as many monster segments as possible on the loch board to make your monster the longest.
Monster segments can only be placed either horizontally or vertically – NOT diagonally.
Each player chooses a segment from their reserve and uses this to make their monster longer according to the following rules:
- Each new segment should be placed on a space that is adjacent to the monster’s head or tail. The other side of the segment must sit on a free space
- A player can place a segment that crosses over their own head or tail as long as they move their head or tail to the new segment during their turn
- If they are able, a player can directly cross another segment of theirs
- A player can cross over one or more of their opponents’ segments
- A player cannot place their segment under another segment, including one of their own, even partially
- Monsters cannot cross over an opponents’ head or tail
- A player may not cross over a segment that is the same height as the one they are placing
- When a player cannot place a segment on the loch, they are blocked and skip their turn
The game ends when all the players are blocked, or everyone has placed all their segments on the loch. The player with the least segments remaining wins the game!
Blockness has an extra game mode which allows players to play solo, using a companion game app.