First Strike: A Warhammer 40,000 Starter Set
First Strike contains 2 sets of miniatures to battle with, and a double-sided gaming mat, a scenery piece, a book of rules and all the extras you need to play:
15 easy to build push-fit (no glue required) miniatures in blue and green coloured plastic, representing the Ultramarines and the Death Guard:
- 3 Primaris Intercessors – clad in Mk X power armour, they are each armed with a bolt rifle and carry grenades. 1 model is a Sergeant, who leads the unit – he has a holstered pistol and is easily identified by his bare, unhelmed head;
- 3 Primaris Reivers – again clad in Mk X power armour, these Space Marines carry heavy bolt pistols and combat blades – they distinguished by the skull motif on their helmets, with the Sergeant featuring a half-skull faceplate.
- 3 Plague Marines – 1 wields a boltgun, 1 is armed with a blight launcher and 1 – the Champion, who leads the unit – has a plasma gun, power fist and plague knife;
- 6 Poxwalkers – Each is armed with an improvised close combat weapon, with hammers, chains, planks of wood and metal pipes with nails in represented.
Gaming ContentEverything you need to learn to play with your new miniatures is included in the box:
- a 24-page booklet containing the core rules for playing Warhammer 40,000, with each phase of the game explained in a clear, easy to follow manner from the initial setup to one side’s victory;
- a 56-page book that guides you through the background, history and current state of the Warhammer 40,000 galaxy, with introductions to the Primaris Space Marines and Death Guard, as well as 9 other armies. It features step-by-step guides to painting your miniatures, with guides to the paints and brushes you need. It also includes explanations of the different ways to play Warhammer 40,000, along with training missions that gradually introduce the core concepts to the total beginner;
- a 22’ x 22’ double-sided gaming mat – one side is specially designed with icons showing you where to place miniatures in order to play the training missions, and the other has no markings, so you can play your own games. Each side is printed in full colour with a design of a ruined Imperial city;
- a scenery piece. The inside tray of the box is designed to look like a set of armoured containers, meaning it can be placed on your mat as a piece of scenery for your miniatures to battle over;
- datasheets for the miniatures in the box – these are cards with the information on movement and weapons for each model printed on;
- 6 x 6-sided dice, and a 6” translucent measuring ruler, ;
- a decal sheet for your Ultramarines, featuring army and troop iconography;
- 9 x 32mm and 6 x 25mm round plastic bases for your miniatures to stand upon.
You May Also Like
Age of Sigmar Warhammer Champions Onslaught Booster Box