Fine Casting Plaster 1kg
- Working properties are perfectly suited for Creating realistic ground formations
- Perfect for blending rock moulds in to hillsides, miniature basing
- Increased strength and surface hardness compared to Plaster
- Adheres to most surfaces
- Quick drying time means projects can be completed in half the time
Directions For Use:
Add 3 parts compound to 1 part water mix thorouTrade Quality Casting Plaster (1kg)
- Working properties are perfectly suited for decorative plaster work production.
- Excellent batch to batch consistency.
- Increased strength and surface hardness compared to Fine Casting Plaster
- Good reproduction of fine detail
- Shelf life of 9 months
Plaster to Water Ratio (by weight) 1.43:1
Water to plaster ratio ( by weight) 70%
Plaster to water mix ratio (by weight) 100/70
Chemical Name: Calcium sulphate hemihydrate
Chemical Composition: CaSO4 .1/2 H2O
Initial setting time (minutes) 20
Final setting time (minutes) 25
Plaster based products are not recommended for conditions where they are likely to be located externally or in any way subjected to weathering or excessive dampness.
Absorption of moisture can result in changes to physical properties, including a reduction in the set strength of plasters and also a lengthening of setting time. Gypsum minerals can be affected by absorption of moisture and may change physical properties.
ghly until a dense consistency
Once firm the compound can be smoothed with wet hands
Drying Time: 15 Mins (approx) Compound can stay damp to the touch for 24/48 hours, but can still be painted and worked upon after 30 mins (approx)