It’s brunch time – prehistoric style! You’re a herd of hungry Triceratops vying for the tastiest leaves. But beware of the terrifying raptor who is also on the hunt too!
What’s in the box?
- Four boards
- 10 triceratops figurines (five blue and five orange)
- One raptor figurine
- 28 grass tokens
How to play:
Players battle it out as two brightly-coloured herds of triceratops on the quest to devour the most leaves in the prehistoric fields, whilst avoiding the prowling hungry raptor…
The possible actions a player can take on their turn ARE:
- Move one of their herd – move a triceratops in a straight line (up and down, not diagonally) until it is blocked by either: another triceratops, the raptor, the edge of the playing area or a patch of grass – in this case the triceratops eats it. The grass token is turned over to reveal an effect, which could be beneficial to you, or send your Triceratops to sleep…
- Charge at an opponent – move your triceratops up or down until you meet a rival herd member. Your triceratops takes their place and the rival moves to another empty space of your opponent’s choosing.
- Wake up a herd member – return your triceratops back to their feet and awake them from their food-induced slumber.
- Move the raptor – the raptor can move in ALL directions (up, down and diagonally) until it is met by: a patch of grass, the edge of the playing area or a Triceratops – in this case the raptor scares the triceratops away back to the player.
The game ends when:
- One of the players no longer has any triceratops on the playing area – they automatically lose
- There are no more grass tokens on the playing area
- Over two consecutive turns neither player has managed to eat any grass or make an opposing team member’s triceratops flee
Players count how much grass has been eaten – the player with the most wins!
Combine with Jurassic Snack to play with four players. Brought to you by Bruno Cathala, the creative genius behind the award-winning, Kingdomino.