Photosynthesis: Under the Moonlight Expansion
Bask in the moonlight of this beautiful expansion to Photosynthesis. As the moon moves in the opposite direction to the sun, new animals earn lunar points and activate their special abilities.
But be careful not to linger in the shadow of the Elder Tree…
A copy of Photosynthesis is required to play.
What’s in the box?
- One Great Elder Tree
- One moon token
- One moon phase tracker
- Eight forest animal boards
- Eight animal meeples
- Four lunar point trackers
- One dam tile
- Eight baby turtle tokens
- Three moonstones
How to play:
The Under the Moonlight expansion includes one main mode and two additional modes. Each mode can be used independently of one another or be combined.
- The Moon and Forest Animals mode – the moon moves in the opposite direction to the sun and gives lunar points to the animals in the paths of the moonlight. Animals move in the forest and use lunar points to activate their abilities.
- The Great Elder Tree – the Great Elder Tree is the soul of the forest. This ancient and massive tree casts a shadow onto all trees and animals, on the side opposite the sun AND the moon. These Trees cannot receive any light points and animals do not receive direct moonlight.
- Moonstones – moonstones are mysterious gems that radiate the moonlight that lands on them. Animals around them then earn lunar points.
At the end of the game, players count their points following the Photosynthesis rules. In addition, they earn 1 scoring point for every unused lunar point.
The player with the most points wins the game.