Job Opportunity August 2020 - Store Manager
Do you want to be responsible for growing sales and developing communities by managing Athena Games?
Are you excited by working in a small team, engaging with all your customers, understanding what’s important to them, and responding appropriately?
Athena Games Limited are seeking a talented and sales-oriented individual to oversee the daily operations of their Retail Store and Gaming Area. This full-time role will see you supervise and mentor our retail staff to reach their full potential.
Working with the owners, you will be responsible for and expected to make all the decisions to drive sales and grow communities in the store all of the time. We will provide you with guidance and variety of support to allow you to do this.
Some of your key responsibilities are:
- Lead & develop our store team. To train, supervise & mentor all Retail Store Team members, and conduct staff appraisals.
- Plan and schedule the team rota according to the opening hours.
- Establish a rapport with new and returning customers to identify and maximise store sales and customer satisfaction, attract new customers and expand footfall.
- Deal with any customer queries or complaints swiftly, in a polite and professional manner.
- Work with third parties to organise exciting and compelling promotions, displays and events.
- Oversee stock control and monitor inventory levels of the Store.
- Merchandising the store effectively to ensure items are properly promoted.
- Maintain awareness of hobby trends in the industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
- Ensure the store and gaming areas are kept clean & tidy at all times, and compliant with the latest health and safety regulations.
- Promote the venue locally by liaising with the community in general.
- Communicating with staff, customers, and other departments in person, over the phone, and by email.
- Having sufficient product knowledge and customer service skills to help customers with questions that are too advanced for the rest of the retail team.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply you must send us a unique letter or video telling us why you want this job. We will select candidates for interview on the content of their letters or video.
This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and should have “Manager Application” in the title.
The deadline for applications is 31st August 2020.