We are looking to recruit a passionate and proactive person to join the team at our store in Norwich. Working as a part-time sales assistant, you will be involved in the continual growth of the store and our various communities. The job will require the successful applicant to be flexible and able to work at evenings and weekends. Initially, the contract will be for between 12-16 hours a week with more becoming available depending on performance and business need.
If you are interested, then please drop in a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role before 27th May 2018. Applicants should have an equivalent of a GCSE in English & Maths.
The tasks to be performed as part of the job include:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Be involved in stock control and management.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean. This includes hoovering, clearing tables and cleaning bathrooms.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters, fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with any customer queries.
- Help with the organising and smooth running of shop tournaments.
The personal skills that are required for the job:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident and proactive manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of our product range.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Share this post
- Tags: Store News